Simple Mushroom Schnitzel
- bread crumbs
- large flat oyster mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- paprika, cumin, salt and pepper
- oil for shallow frying
1. Remove stalks from mushrooms.
2. Prepare 2 bowls - one with breadcrumbs and the other with the eggs and spices.
3. Preheat pan to medium heat with 3-4tbs of oil of your choosing (I use a mild olive oil)
3. Dip mushrooms in egg wash followed by breadcrumbs.
4. Shallow fry in pan for 3-4 mins per side or when golden brown.
5. We like to serve ours with mash and coleslaw.
More recipes to come :-)